A static, strategic plan is not enough to drive or sustain success. Organizations need adaptable strategic plans that act as living breathing documents, rather than paperweights. Our Strategic Aptitude Assessment™ unpacks The 6 Key Elements of Strategic Thinking™ to help leaders identify and improve their strategic approach to succeed in more than one future.
The 6 Key Elements of Strategic Thinking include:
- Anticipate: proactively monitoring the environment to foresee industry shifts before competitors
- Challenge: repeatedly challenging organizational and industry-wide assumptions
- Interpret: continually connecting multiple data points in new and insightful ways
- Decide: frequently testing assumptions, framing problems and reaching difficult conclusions with incomplete information
- Align: regularly engaging stakeholders to manage differences and build sustainable solutions
- Learn: constantly reflecting on past successes and failures to improve future performance
What kind of strategic thinker are you? In these uncertain times, there’s no room for gaps in strategic thinking. Click the link below to take the DSI self-assessment to see how you stack up against top leaders in the six key areas of strategic aptitude.
Click here to take the Strategic Aptitude Assessment™, or if you would like to learn how to implement this test with the leaders in your organization, contact us here ».
Are you or someone you know particularly strong or innovative in one or more of the elements? We’d love to know more — tell us here.